Response Post

Gustavious M. Maddox

Dr. Harris

English

2/22/21

 I do feel that my blog meets all the required criteria, because I use the rubric as a guideline for whenever I write a post on my blog.

No part of the writing assignment on the blogs confuse me. However Iwill say the thing that does stress a little is finding other credible sources that can actually be used. I will say I do stress myself alot when it comes to crediting the sources as well because I want to make sure that I do not plagarize anything.

Yes I am putting my best effort into my assignments. I feel as if I have to in order yeild the results that I want.

I do not procrastinate when it comes to these assignmnent because I want to have time so that if there was ever a problem to arrise I would have time to adress it and still get the work done.

Yes I review my posts for grammr and readability. After I write my post I put myself in the readers "shoes" and read the post to see if it makes sense and if the main point is understandable to the reader.

I want other students to read my post. I want them to see my ideas and my point of views on topics that we share. 

I really do not anything tht we should share in class for improvements I think Dr. Harris does a wonderful job stating what she wants to see in the post and I think I do a good job meeting her expectations of what she want to see.

I use to think that alot of blogs were in formal text and that you did not get to express your feelings in blogs as far as what you think and your view point. I knew it happened in som but I did not know that was a main trait in all blogs. I would never really read blogs so I did not know.




Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a review of the blog post "Response Post" by G. Maddox. This blog post was an assignment in which the author was tasked with a self-assessment of their own work. The assignment asked a series of questions about the student's quality of work, which the author has answered with minimal lead in. Careful analysis of the author's answers allow the reader to ascertain with approximate certainty the question asked by the assignment.

    As in previous entries, the submitted work is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. An exhaustive list of typos would prove too cumbersome to include within the text of this review, however I will include the following excerpt if only to highlight its sublime irony: "Yes I review my posts for grammr and readability." I would challenge the author, 'are you sure?'.

    In the last paragraph of the piece, the author states that he once believed that blogs were formal texts which did not give the writer the freedom to be express one's opinions. That leads me to question if the author had a clear understanding of what a blog was in the first place. From their genesis, blogs have been vectors for casual, informal thought and opinion.

    The author chose to insert two images at the bottom of the text: curiously they are both stock clipart images with the words 'Response' and 'Response Time'. I am totally unable to understand why the author chose these images, save for that the assignment prompt instructs the student to "...write a response post that answers the following questions".

    Having reviewed this author over the last four blog posts, I would seriously encourage him to review the grading rubric, and then spend some time on the Blogshop (https://jorowland.blogspot.com/) familiarizing himself with writer's voice, the essentials of style. Lastly, I would implore the author to pay attention to the red squiggles which accompany spelling errors.

    Disclaimer: in the interest of transparency I will admit I needed to delete two drafts of this review after finding grammar errors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your honesty. The points you have stated I will work on in future post. Thank you for sharing and I will also make sure that I use the correct grammar and tripple check my work. Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Tale Of The Ambigeous Island

The Historical greatness of Saba